Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday, Monday...

MAN, was I lazy today! LOL! That about sums it up! And it was the perfect day for that. I HATE going anywhere on Monday due to the after weekend traffic places like the post office, so I use Tuesday for my shopping and errands.

So, this morning, Noah woke up in the best mood EVER and went down into a GREAT nap! So I was able to work on a card I started Saturday afternoon. Yikes! Was it really 2 days later that I finally got a moment to myself again? Its called a "popup accordian card" and I found the tutorial over on splitcoaststampers. Hope you like it! I used a cupcake set that I got from Kristapista as a RAK a long time ago! It was perfect for this card! Thanks, Kristapista!!!

I am pretty unhappy with the inside. I liked the concept, but I made the circles 1/2 inch too small, I think. I didn't understand the instructions, and then I messed up the background on the top and bottom each in one place. Otherwise, I think its a card I could see myself doing again! The first and last images are the same cupcakes as are on the front, and the middle image says, "Sweet Stuff".

When Noah got up, the first thing he wanted to do was put on this hat. He is so silly! I love the way toddlers insist on making certain decisions. I am kicking myself. The other night, he fell asleep in his snow boots. He INSISTED on wearing them! So there he was, pjs, and Piphard (clifford) snow boots, sound asleep on his back, and I didn't take a picture. ::sigh:: I love this phase of toddlerhood, though...other than the tantrums, but they come and go, so its easy to deal with.

This evening, Daddy got home early and we all went back outside. I count it as a blessing that my husband and my son like the outdoors. So many families now days are glued to the telivision (not that we don't have our moments) or the play station, or whatever game console you might have....I am blessed that my family likes fresh air and sunshine, and I can't wait to get back to walking, and eventually hiking again! Anyway, off subject slightly, Daddy was watering what is left of our plants, and Noah decided he wanted to help. It was sooo sweet! Hope you all had a wonderful Monday!


1 comment:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

that is like the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!!!! you are so awesome!!!