Tuesday, August 5, 2008

And it feels SO GOOD!

So yesterday, I could not keep myself away from my closet of goodies. It was SO great to be at home and have an hour to myself! Recently, I have been in a kind of card making funk. All of my brain power was being put to other uses...work, Noah, hubby...you know how it goes. So I didn't create much the last month.

The other day, I got my latest issue of Card Maker Magazine and there was a card that really got my creative juices flowing! I just HAD to make something with it! Here is what I came up with:


The paper is from Makin Memories...the bella is from...um, either Heather, or another lady over on CM that shared some with me. Probably Heather, though. =0)
I really liked this card. It was different for me, and more detailed. Lately, when I make a card it hits me later (sometimes days later) that I could have done this or that and really have made my card pop. So, I hope this is a new step in the direction I would like to take my cardmaking.

Before I go, I whipped up and actual sketch from the card in the magazine (my first one, so don't make fun) just in case you like! Enjoy!
The design is by Carolyn King and it was featured in the September issue of Card Maker Magazine.

1 comment:

Perfecting Imperfection said...

Hey! Check my blog... you've been given the Brilliante award by yours truly! It will have instructions on what to do :)