Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good Company, Busy Days

Wow. WHAT a week. OKay...well, I guess I will start with Sunday and work my way down, lol!

Sunday was filled with business beyond belief in preparation for my best friend, Sarah who is currently living in Lincoln, NE to come and visit for 3 days. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning...and PMS...and a child who would NOT take a nap. It was...to say the least, NOT the most fun day....but it ended well with Sarah coming!!



Monday, Noah slept in...YAY! I mean, we didn't even get up until 8:30, and that NEVER happens! It was a really great day filled with goofy non napping Noah, and good talks that were long overdue with a much missed friend. We went shopping for a few things. We happened on a children's consignment sale, which was a huge blessing! Noah needed clothes for fall and winter. Got him a COAT for 6 bucks. Looked like it had NEVER been worn! It is so cute! I also ended up with a pair of goloshes and snow boots for 2 bucks each. Noah LOVES them, lol!


Yesterday was just a blast! Not only is Noah almost completely potty trained (knock on wood) he took a LONG nap and my other best friend came up to visit. Us chics had a BLAST catching up and teasing and watching the olympics. Once Noah got up , we went to Sonic and to the park. I think the girls had as much fun as Noah did.


On the way home, though...I got a ticket. Honestly, I had no idea why I had been pulled over. Apparently cutting through a parking lot to miss a LONG line of traffic at a stop sign during rush hour is illegal....MY BAD...the official charge was "cutting through private property". What kinda foolishness? I have never ONCE gotten pulled over OR gotten a ticket....If I was going to get one I would have hoped it would have been for something REALLY bad...not something so stupid. People cut me off, don't use blinkers, don't stop at stop signs...ALL THE TIME when I am driving and I always have to be on the look-out for them...but no...I get the ticket. Oh, well. Such as it goes sometimes. So, in place of pictures of my son, and his artwork...is my shameful ticket.

2 comments:

Julia said...

:) I left a comment on your cafemom journal about this!! :)

But I just wanted to let you know to check out my blog for an award for you!!!!!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I so love you and am so sorry after having such fun with friends it ended up like that :( So So Bummer~ish! :/ . I am thinking about ya!