Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Feelin FOXY ;)

So this morning I got to craft. YAY! Love me some crafty time! Noah "helped" by "re-organizing ALL of my stamps...took me a good 15 or 20 minutes to get them back where they belonged, ha! Love my lil man!
So this first card is for House Mouse Monday. I am going to be honest...when I read that we weren't allowed to color I almost choked! But then I thought, well I can just paper piece! But...most of my house mouse stamps don't lend themselves to being paper pieced. BLAH...but this one, and oldie but a goodie, worked out great! Its called, "Two part harmony". A LONG time fave! I paper pieced the entire thing. I do feel I could have done a little better. I forgot the poor bird's beak! The papers were from DCWV, and from Carol as part of a prize package a few weeks ago!

This next card is for the Cute Critters Club over on Cafe Mom. Heather chose the colors Orange, Blue and Green and I KNEW I had the perfect paper for this one! I stole it from Heather T.'s scrap stash! It was PERFECT for this adorable fox that I got from....Shannon? I am almost sure that's where it came from. I colored him with my Bic Markers and accented with my Prisma Cool Gray marker. (THANKS HEATHER! )

This last card was just 'cause. I received this beatiful Kristen (Paper Makeup Stamps) from Lisa. She's beautiful and I just love her! I colored her with my skin colored Copic and my Bic Markers. This paper is also from Carol from my prize package. When I saw them all together, I KNEW I had to make this car. Once I had it all layed out I realized that I didn't want a bunch of embellishing. I wanted the image and the feel of the card to speak for itself. I did use a rub in word from K and Company. And, of course...I thought it could use some bling. Some gold Stickles for the wings, and some fine powder glitter for the dandelion puff.

I hope you enjoyed these! Hope to get back into the scene! I get so lazy, ha! Have a great humpday, everyone!

6 comments:

jennruggeri75 said...

Oh Cass, these are all amazing! I am so glad you shared these fabulous creations!! Enjoy your evening.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

CASSANDRA! I LOVE them all!!! What amazing cards you have created today! They are each so beautiful and so fun. I love your paperpieced HM card (so smart!!!), the fox / colors are PERFECT!!! and the paper makeup card is gorgeous! Beautiful colors / coloring. So glad you were able to escape with your art. I really enjoyed seeing them all!!!

Toothy said...

I love all 3 cards,, but I so loooove what you did with that paper from my stash, and you didn't still it silly, I said you could have any papers from my scrap bin. I love that fox image, do you have that stamp? The paper piecing is awesome, I still am too scared to try that.

Carmen O. said...

Your cards are amazing! I have a Noah too, but he's 16 now. Beautiful work.

Heather said...

Three fabulous cards. Love your papers and your colour combo's on all of them. You've paper pieced your mousie image brilliantly (even the poor little bidie with his blue beak lol).
Thanks for sharing this with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

America said...

Great Paper Piecing! Awesome HM card. Thanks for playing along with us at HM&F!!