Friday, September 11, 2009

Ah, mojo...How I have missed thee...

So, I really wanted to try out for the ICS DT challenge, but I was terrified of the sketch...its...SO different than my comfort zone...and as most of you know, I like staying in my comfort zone. If there is one thing that I have learned in my journey in paperfcrafting, it is this....get outside of your comfort zone and you are going to soar higher than you thought you ever could...so, I took a deep breath...closed my eyes....and jumped in. It----was----awesome!

HA! OKay, seriously. I had a blast and this card just jumped together, no joke. So, here goes!

This card was made from scrap/RAK paper that I have been hoarding. Must...find...more....I used Tim Holtz tea colored distressing ink to...you guessed it! Distress the paper! The pearl skittes were a prize or a RAK. My brain is getting fuzzy on some things. The sentiment is from Stampin Up!
This next card was actually made on...Tuesday? Monday? Monday. Yes. FOR Mojo Monday. How sad that I am just now posting it? ::sigh:: Mommy has gone back to work ultra part time and is learning to balance needs and wants. Need: Time with Noah....Want...time on blog...So, here I am, Friday night, almost 9 pm, finally posting. It will get better. Next week are just two partial days, so not too bad, right? RIGHT? lol!

I do apologize for the lack of quality in this photo. It would seem that both of my sets of batteries lacked the charge to get a decent shot, so here you go!

The image is from Paper Make Up Stamps. The paper is from DCWV, stolen from Heather (toothy) when she least expected it. The skittles were RAKd. Probably from Heather.

5 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

These are just gorgeous!!! I love your ICS one! WOWZER WOW WOW!!! Totally out of your comfort zone .. but I love it when you do that:). Your cards are always amazing ... but when you step out and create something like this ... well, it is just amazing! BEAUTIFUL papers and I LOVE the flower.
Thanks for joining us this week at ICS!!! Love ya!

Elli said...

You do such beautiful work!

Toothy said...

I love both of them , but that ICS DT sketch card is awesome, it took my breath away. Yeah that sketch was a little scary.

jennruggeri75 said...

Wow, Cass!! I just love your DT card!! Those papers are too pretty and the flower... WOW!! Good luck on the call!!

Michele said...

Stunning cards!!! I especially love the colors of the ICS card! I'd love to find that paper!