Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some Odd Girl Anniversary Day 3

Have you been having fun this week? I have! I love all the odd things going on in the blog-o-sphere! Its truly inspiring!

Today Kristy is sharing the history of Some Odd Girl, so be SURE to go over and check it out! She is an amazing woman with many, many talents!

I stumbled upon Some Odd Girl on a blog one week and have been addicted ever since. I made my first card on day one of the Nashville Flood, 2010 and used this freebie Mae. Everything about the image was inspiring. I swear theis card made itself! Here is the card:
Soon after that I made the top 3 on the Some Odd Girl Challenge Blog with this card using Hang Ten Kody (another monthly freebie). Thought I would be brave and use flowers for a boy. Guess it worked out!
 I was super lucky, blessed...whatever you want to call it, when I was chosen to be a part of the second design team for Some Odd girl. I was so excited I LITERALLY danced and jumped around! To be a part of such talent and inspiration was and is the highlight of my crafty career!!

Here was my stepping out project using Baker Kaylee: (another good example of 1 image, 3 ways!!)
Hope you are enjoying this mini hop! Next stop for you will be,  Robin F!

27 comments:

Patricia said...

so cute projects i love it =P

Georgia said...

Great stuff. I love the recipe cards, book & clip.

Anonymous said...

That Hang 10 Kody card has always been one of my favs! So hot! Its been great having you on the team Cass! HUGS!

Jacqueline said...

Great work!! I remember that card!

Zarah said...

Fantastic job! The stepping out ptoject is especially faaaaaaab!

Amy said...

Loved reading your SOG story!! I totally remembered the first card too because I did that challenge using the same sketch...it was so funky and fun!! I LOVE your stepping out project, the giant clothespin with the cards is fantastic!! Greta use of the image! Happy Birthday SOG!! HUGS!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How creative. Love the diversity of each project.
Hugs
Tanya

Robin said...

Love all those projects Cass... nice to meet you and spend the term with you at Some Odd Girl... I will continue to visit your blog for inspiration! Robin F.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh such fabulous work! Loving how you all reminisce. xxD

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

Amazing cards! Like the last one the best!!! Its beutiful!

Jan Garber said...

Never stop creating! Your cards are fantastic!

Doodlecraft said...

Beautiful! I am seeing so many new possibilities, I love it! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work, I love the last project, all the details are beautiful, and it shows how versatile SOG images are:)
Thanks for sharing with us
Suzi
xxx

Rene said...

Wow, I love that first card of you - the greens and blue are just perfect together! And the others are also great!

Sharon said...

Love your 1 image 3 ways - fantastic. Happy Birthday to Some Odd Girl!

Unknown said...

how cute are those little recipe cards??!! love them! your stuff is all fabulous ;)

GiuliaG. said...

Your cards are adorable.

JLJ Designs said...

Wonderful projects! I love your one image three ways.

Jennifer

Robin McK said...

Hey Cass!
Wow, I absolutely loved those recipe cards! That project was amazing! It was lovely to work with you!

Carley said...

I love your cards they are beautiful! I am new to Some Odd Girl and already am in love! Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a fabulous glittery day because remember some girls were just born with glitter in their veins!
~Carley~
http://the-real-icarley.blogspot.com

yyam said...

Just awesome creations! Love how you used your patterned papers with the SOG images! Just brilliant! :)

mrsk06 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrsk06 said...

Hey Cassandra! Totally love your creations lass! Hugz xx

faithnme said...

ohhh I just love your coloring.. great cards.. thank for sharing

Kim Sonksen said...

I love how you combine bold oatterns with the images. I totally adore Hang 10 Kody

Ardilla said...

great projects!!!
I like the way you use the colors :)

Trina said...

These are great! I esp love the book, clip, and cards!