Tuesday, April 21, 2009

HAPPY DANCE!

Yay! Thanks, Lisa, for doing the Ketto/Bella order for us all! I am LOVING my Anise and Froggie kettos! I HAD to break them out when I checked the mail this morning. It was just TOO much to let them sit there until I was feeling better. Plus my nephew is sick, so he stayed home today. Not take advantage? I think NOT!
So, my first card is for a challenge that I didn't realize was already over. Duh! lol! But it was still fun, and not a color scheme I had ever thought of using before. Here is the picture we had to be inspired by:
Here is what I came up with:
Of COURSE, as you know, the image is Anise Ketto. i thought the stripes on her shirt went well with the challenge. Got her in the latest order! Woot! I liked the layers of color in the cakes, so I used those colors and that kind of layering with my background. I also liked the clean, simple look, so I tried to stay true to that.
For supplies I used Textured Trios ribbon. Michaels brand, I believe. The papers are from a recycled pack made by K and Company. For the bottom "frills" I used my 1 7/16 inch scallop punch and halfed, then trimmed them down to fit. And, of course, I popped the flowers with foam squares from Walmart. Um, oh, yes. And my stardust stickles. Don't know what I ever did without those. Thanks, Heather! (toothy)
This second card is for the Cupcake Challenge Sketch for this week. I knew I was going to use Froggie for it! I just had to! Here is my submission!
The papers are from Making Memories and another company, but can't remember....Used my stardust stickles for the bling. Feeling the bling with the sunshine out!
Hope you enjoy these cards! Can't wait to get a few more challenges under my belt this week!

9 comments:

NormaJean said...

Hiya cass, that is very cute I love that frog
Hugs Norma

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Yay, Cass! I'm glad you got them okay! Both cards are cute! Thanks for playing at CCC this week!

Stephanie said...

How cute is that frog, love this... Thanks for playing with us at CCC this week.
Stephanie

Toothy said...

Very cute, I got my bella order yesterday, Yay, Love those cards and don't worry I practically use stickles one evrything now too.

~Tammy~ said...

Your CCC card is so cute . . . That frog rocks! Thanks for playing

ivy said...

love that green gingham & paisley paper together!

Kruemel said...

What a cute little frog! Love your card and its colors.
Thanks for joining us this week!

Kathrin aka Kruemel

lesleyworth said...

Such a cute card! adorable from!

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card. I love the frog image. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x