While my son was taking his extremely long nap, I decided to give an old idea a try. I spotted a card similar to this over a year ago when I got the Stampin Up set, Fishy Friends and have been wanting to try it, but just never could get around the need for layers! Enter, Cupcake Challenge Blog!
There challenge this week was for us to use ONE (1) layer other than our base and the cs we used for the image. WHAT? Seriously? I almost had a heart attack right then and there, but then I remembered this set and went to work. I hope you enjoy! It will be hard getting rid of this one!

The layer on the base is cuttlebugged from my sweet, dear friend Heather. I sponged some blue on parts of it so it didnt look so...I dunno. Is the ocean that YOU have seen one color? I colored my lil guys with my watercolor pencils and then lightly stickled some areas to give them some life! The ric rac was from my sweet friend Diane ages ago. I used yellow ink to give it more depth and not seem so...white. I decided that the card just seemed naked, so I used different brown buttons to look like rocks at the ocean floor. And of course, the sentiment. I believe (and I could be terribly mistaken) that this sentiment came from my friend Dee AGES ago.



10 comments:
I am glad to hear your little one is doing a little better , our days always go crazy when our little people are sick :( I don't know if it is something with my browser but I can't see your card I will try back tomorrow. Have a great evening.
I have been thinking about and worried about sweet noah. I do hope he is feeling better and I am glad you caught it early!
I know what you mean! I freaked when I saw the challenge too!! HOWEVER~ you nailed it!!! I love your card.. I am so impressed! mine is horrible! lol!!! :) We used things we sent each other for the challenge :) I thought that was neat:)
Well, my dear ~ I shore do miss you! I hope to catch up soon. I love ya dearly!
Such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.
Liza x
Funny card! Would cheer anyone up with this one. Thanks for joining us at CCC! :)
Ida
Aw, I do hope your little boy is well on the mend now - it's so worrying isn't it? Sleep is such a good healer and the fact that you were able to take a bit of time out and create this gorgeous card probably did you the world of good too.
Thanks for joing in at Cupcake Crafts.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx
Awe, I'm glad Noah is starting to feel better. I love your card, very creative.
Love it! I did one "one-layer card" and it was hard! This one looks great!
Really good job on the challenge, glad your little one is feeling a bit better. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.
Cass~ You did fabulous on this card! I love it!
What a super cute card. I love it, everything is just perfect. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your little boy. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x
Post a Comment