ANYWAY! The theme is birthdays! I have not been keeping up with many of my dear friends and fellow card makers birthdays so last night I broke out the supplies and made a couple of cards for just that purpose.
My dads birthday is coming up in march and my Secret Sister was thoughtful enough to send me Fixafella images. My dad used to be all about his tools and making things. Not so much since his accident. (a few years back he broke his back in a car accident...shouldn't be walking...the disk SHATTERED). But I know he still likes looking and dreaming. So this one is for my dad.
The paper is an unknown brand from my sweet friend and admin Razberrywhine (diane). The other image is from my Riviting SU set. I used my watercolor pencils and Marvy blender pens. I lightly distressed the edges of the images with Soft Leaf colored ink and a sponge. Viola! A manly card!

In all honesty, I am not so sure about this second card. The colors are not what I had hoped on the image. Too dark. But I DID brave purple...I love the color, but I can never make it look right for some reason. I bought this paper like....AGES ago and have no idea who makes it. I also received the House Mouse Birthday Cupcake image as a RAK ages and ages ago. The flowers are American Craft and I stickled to add some bling!




4 comments:
Oh Cass, I know your dad will love and appreciate this bday card. My dad is the same way, fixes everything.
The HM card is adorable!!!! I LOVE the colors and the glitter and the icing ... I think it is darling!!!
I have been SO behind on bday cards too. This may be the jump start i need to get some made too:o)
Well my dear... you know how I feel about Rodents... LOL!! And I think that house mouse card is stinkin' cute!!
two wonderful great cards.Your dad will love his!!
I love you pretty background too!!
Oh Cass - you have such a talent for bringing those HM images to life - your card is just scrumptious!! Great Bday card for a dad too :-)
Post a Comment