Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SPRING FEVER~!

Its so close, I can smell it...I can SEE it. Can't you see it on the horizon?? Its not helping that winter has had 70 degre days followed by 20 degree days and then RAIN but basicall NO SNOW. What's up with that? So in my spring feverisness, I am carding hoping that Mother Nature gets the hint....
This first card was made initially for the challenge over on Cafe Mom in the Cute Critters Club group, but I bombed because I didn't read the directions. Had I just READ them I could have made the stars WHITE instead of YELLOW and could have been up for a prize. DUH...It was a President's Day challenge to use RED, WHITE and BLUE only...I used Red, White, Blue and YELLOW....nice...On the plus side, I really love this card. I didn't expect it to be HALF this cute. When I posted it, my sweet, dear friend, the owner of CCC was kind enough to make my card the icon for the group. AWE! Spanks!!!
I used DCWV glitter stack paper (which is SUPER thick, btw) for all of the CS that you see. The stamp is from Stampendous called "Watemelon Bee". I got him from our Secret Sister Swap in CCC. I think I am in love! I used my Cricut to cut my YELLOW stars. (George and Basic Shapes). Also in the SS swap I got my first set of BIC markers. I am in love!!! I may never go back! LOL! Now I need the pastel set!! (I am just never satisfied...)

This second card was made on a whim. I thought it would be fun to make a St. Patricks Day Card but I HATE some of the tacky green cards that I see around. Kind of like the Valentine colors. Too much of a good thing makes you want to barf kind of thing? So I thought, well? think outside the box...and voila!

The image is Goodluckbella (correct me if that name is wrong) and I am not sure where I got the image. I got it in an image swap about a year or more ago and apparently shared all but this one out. The papers are all from K and Company. I LOVE them, have I mentioned that before?? ;) The flower is also K and C. The Eyelets are Making Memories and I used my watercolor pencils and Marvy blender pens to color her. I also used stickles to make her pop a lil more. It just needed some bling,you know?? So here it is!!

6 comments:

Callie said...

Cute cute cute! And I LOVEs your bumblebee background too!

ivy said...

love your new BG.
cute watermelon bee card! i love my bics too! but i am such a bad colorer.

Shemaine Smith said...

I am lovin that-a-bella!!!Cass you're a gifted card maker!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE that bee card!!! It is so fun and bright. Makes me want spring .. summer.. and watermelon :o)

The goodluckabella is my most favorite card I have ever seen made with her. I LOVE your out of the box idea. I too dislike all the green and all that you mentioned. This one is perfect!

Elli said...

Very cute!! Will they bring spring?? I sure hope so!

HeatherH said...

I love love love love love the bee card Cass! Completely perfect in every way :-)