So, my mom came and picked Noah up yesterday around 2 pm and after a couple of hours of vegin in front of the TV I decided to make some cards. I had 2 challenges to get done and just wanted to create in general.
The first card I made was for my sketch challenge over on Cafe Mom, Card Makin Mamas. We are using Splitcoaststampers sketch number for our sketch this week.
I used one of my favorite stamp sets for this card, Stampin Ups, Simply Sweet. I LOVE this set and have not pulled it out in WAY too long! Since I am still trying to get some birthday cards stocked up, I thought this was a good opportunity to do that. =0) The sentiment is from a long ago swap on Card Makin Mamas. I used my watercolor pencils and marvy blender pens. The felt embellishments are from La-Di-Da (clearance, woot!) and I used stickles to make it all pop! The paper, of course, is K and Company!
This next card was going to be my original submission for the Cute Critters Club "anything goes" sketch challenge. I thought the sketch I came up with was nice n simple....I LOVED this image that was RAKd to me this week from a dear, special friend of mine who, despite her hard time the last few weeks thought of me....so caring and humbling. Love that turtle tot!! This flower is also from La-Di-Da and the paper is from....hmmm...might be my minds eye, but I could be mistaken. I used my BIC markers (STILL wanna know who my SS is, btw...) and a watercolor pencil for his belly.
THIS is the submission that I used for the "anything goes" sketch challenge, as well as for the Cricut Chirpin Mamas challenge over on Cafe Mom (I need to get out more). I came up with this sketch as well. I used my cricut cartridge, George and Basic Shapes for the rings. Stickles for the dots and bling...and of course, my latest purchase, Snaily Mail Huggabugg. I am in LOVE! AWE!! Of course, watercolor pencils were in order. The flowers are from Prima and were RAKd to me ages ago. I have been using them sparingly, but these were the very last ones. ::sigh::
Here is the sketch so you can use it if you would like. I am considering starting to make sketches and see if I can get anywhere with them. I love making them. This is the fourth one that I have come up with. Hmmm. maybe some blog candy challenges are in order??? Stay tuned. We shall see!
This last card was made this afternoon. I am SO MAD!!! I got my bi-monthly Card Makers magazine in the mail, and of course, its loaded with ideas. This was one of the ideas. The movable feature on the card, in this case, the watering can moves as the card is tilted. That's not what I am mad about...I worked on this card, no joke, about 2 hours trying to get the motion right and get it to work. FINALLY! I got it! And like a dingleberry...I adhered it to the card flat...NOT with dimensionals...so now it does not work unless you physically move it yourself. ::sigh:: Oh, well. Better luck with my brain cells next time, right?
The watering can and the flowers are from my Cricut sampler cart, but the images are actually from the cartridge called, Walk In My Garden (I think that's right). The paper is from My Mind's Eye. LOVE their stuff! The flower on the can is from American Craft. You can't tell, but I stickled the flowers because they were too flat. They needed something to make them pop.
I hope you ladies enjoyed my weekend of "me time". My mom just called and they decided to keep Noah tonight afterall. Yay! Maybe DH and I will get to go out and do something as a couple!








5 comments:
Oh my goodness - I love them all!! The watering can card is super neat - I love the touch of beads of water...
Girl first of all all of the cards are great!!So ahppy for you and the "NE TIME"you have gotten and GO OUT you and your hubby has a couple you need it!!Thanks for sharing!!!
I Love them all! Sooo cute. I really like the watering can one!!
OH OH OH!!! Where do I start?!?! i LOVE them all so much! The bday one is SO SWEET!!! complete cuteness on the turtle tots one ((and you are so sweet to have mentioned me and said that. i have missed and love you deeply!)) Today is the first in a while that I have felt 'normal' so to speak. Anyway .. your snail mail .. AWW!!! SO IN LOVE!!! And what an AMAZING sketch!!! I will make a card with it this week if I am given the time!!! LOVE IT! The watering can is just precious! i love the colors, embelishments and all of it! SO CUTE AND SO FUN!!!! I would love to try that one day!
Hope you had a good break and you are all having a wonderful day together today. HUGS!
love that watering can card! super cute with just the right touches!
i also love that la*di*da stuff! i got some of that on clearance too!
glad you got some "me" time!
Post a Comment