I really liked this weeks challenge, so I started thinking. They ALSO are looking for a new DT...something I am not sure that I am even qualified for, but eh, its worth a shot!! I think it would be fun!
So, here is the picture that we were to draw inspiration from this week on the Cupcake Craft Challenges blog:

What a FAB picture right? SOOO cheery. So...relaxing and non-cluttered...(too bad I didn't think of the cluttered part BEFORE I made my card, lol) I was inspired by the lines on the vase and the table, and of course, the colors and flowers. I couldn't get away from them no matter how hard I tried. So here is my submission/entry:

The image was Stampin Up, I like your style. One of my all time fave sets! I thought the shapes and lines on the forms were perfect, as well as the shape of the forms themselves really leant themselves to this picture. The paper is from K and company and...I just liked the look of it. I DO kind of wish I had used a more cheery background, but I still like the way this turned out. The flowers are from American Craft. I used Stickles in the centers as well as on the forms to make it more...summery and fun. And, of course, I used my watercolor pencils on the image...
Incidentally, this ALSO (I think) qualifies for Mojo Monday! Yay for two-fers!!! So its also submitted over at mojo monday!
Well, there you have it! My entry/submission! I hope you like!!!



15 comments:
Oh Cass!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your style and everything you make. I have my fingers crossed for you! I know you would make an excellent choice for this DT! I adore all things you make especially your cupcake creations! :o) I also love how you used the picture as the inspiration for your card. I love the way you took the lines of the vase and the flowers and used the SU set. I cant tell you how much I love it! :o) Good luck my sweet friend!
I think your card is great!And def think you should go for the DT yu are very talented and have great taste!
what a lovely card love how you have used the picture. thank you for joining us this week and good luck for the DT
Beautiful card girlie! I'm sure you're qualified. More than so!! The card is fantastic. WIshing you the best of luck! They would be lucky to have you!!
Aha! I knew I had seen that pic somewhere! I was trying to remember where! Thanks, Cass!
Good luck, sweetie! I'm going to attempt it too...best of luck to us both right??!
I like your card a lot!
Oooh, pretty! I love the colors you chose. I think you should def try out for their DT!!!
wow, such a gorgeous card - love those stamps,
jenny
beautifully done cass! good luck!
Very nice! I hope you are added to the new design team! You are an awesome!
Lovely card think it looks fab, good luck with the DT call, sue.x
Great card, Cass!!! Good luck to you! I'll be thinking of ya!
This is super cute! Love how you interpreted the picture
A great interpretation of the photograph.
Beautiful! Love the pretty colours
So unique and lovely!!
Greetings,
Saskia
Post a Comment