Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trying new things

Well, yesterday I started a MySpace for my photography. I am also going to try and do some advertising on Craigslist. I am hoping to get some business to help pay for DH a new-to-us car. I am also selling my wedding dress if anyone is interested or knows someone who needs a size 2/4 dress! Still in style! Selling it cheap! DH is trying to sell his rappeling and climbing equipment. I am hoping and praying that someone wants it! We are also thinking we can get about 500 out of his car for parts and such. He is also going to cash out part of his PTO hours. Hopefully that will get us a decent vehicle downpayment.
I also have been working on getting to know the manual features on my camera. Until now I have shot strictly with the custom automatic features, but if I ever expect to upgrade and get a DSLR, I need to get to know what I am doing with these features. Here are a couple of practice shots. CC?

Sunday, I made a couple of cards as well as another altered notebook. The cards were made with Bella images that I received in a Splitcoaststampers swap. I LOVE them!
This first card is made with "Cruisahbella". I used Glassy Accents on the windshield and on the side of the car door. I used Crayola glitter glue on the flowers, and watercolor pencils to color the image itself.
The second card was made with "Snowbunny Bella." When I first saw this image the first thing I thought was, GLITTER!!! SHE NEEDS GLITTER! So glitter, I used! The bling-y flowers are from the JoAnns 1 dollar bin! The white fiber, from a long-ago swap.
This notebook was made for me to put my Splitcoaststampers ideas, my Dawn ideas and sketches down all in one place so that I am not at the mercy of a computer! I HATE being glued to this thing if I am trying to make a card. This is stamping bella, also from a splitcoast stampers swap. In this picture the notebook was not complete, just for the record.
I am hoping to get to the challenges over in Card Makin Mamas today. They are looking great. I got RAKd some BEAUTIFUL paper and flowers from Raz yesterday and I am thinking they would be GREAT for her sketch challenge. I am starting to get sick, though, and that usually zaps my crative mojo....::crosses fingers::

2 comments:

Elli said...

Love your cards, as always! It sounds like you guys are well on your way to your down payment.

CC on your photos...
On the fire - it looks great to me. I would prefer to see the tops of the flames, but that's purely preference, and not really a technical thing.
On the mushroom - the clarity is great on the gills. Great job! The sky and the top of the mushroom are blown out, and detract a bit from the focal point (the clear gills).
On sweet Noah - I love this shot! His cheek is a bit blown out, but that could be the b/w conversion or post processing. I would also sharpen and lighten his eyes just a tad. I think if you brought the brightness down on that left side of the frame and sharpened/lightened his eyes, you'd have a spectacular portrait!

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Once again, your cards are beautiful!