Sunday, September 7, 2008

Could it be? My creative Mojo?


Hi ladies! I am hoping you have been having a wonderful weekend.

I finally have managed to work on a few projects this week. I am falling behind on my son's second year scrapbook. I would like to have it done by his birthday like I did last year (okay, I still have like 4 pages that need to be added to that one) so that I can pass it around at his party. That was a neat addition last year. Here is the page I worked on the other day. Nothing special or blingy about it, but I love the "splash" of colors!

I made this card on Friday night. I received the "Bikahbella" image from a friend over on Card Makin Mamas. She was kind enough to share her overstock of images with a few of us. YAY! Gotta love those Bellas! This card did NOT turn out the way I had hoped, but it works. I am sending it to Heather's daughter Hannah. She has been feeling bad this week and I hope it makes her smile!

Yesterday, the Christmas bug bit me. Much earlier than usual. I am kind of a scrooge when it comes to Christmas and family...Christmas is not always the...um....smoothest time of year in my mom's family, so I guess scrooginess just comes with the territory. That being said, I decided that with our smaller finances this year that I would make as many gifts as I can, and make them useful for the family member. My aunt, in particular LOVES Christmas. She has several Christmas trees, and lots of decor. She talks about it forever! So, I made her this altered clipboard countown to Christmas. The numbers have velcro dots on the back so that they can be changed each day. If I had had my wits about me I would have laminated the numbers....BUT I didn't think about it soooo.... here you go!

Yesterday I took Noah to the park. We had to go to the not-so-fun park and Noah was cranky and still a little sick anyway, but he ended up having fun on their slide. Its tall and fast. He had a blast! (lookie there! I am a poet and didn't know it...) Anyway, he went to bed EARLY after that. He ran himself RAGGED! Yay!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh you did a great job on all of those projects.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I like the clipboard idea! I really need to try that for a friend. Noah is sooo cute!!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Thank you so much for making the card for Hannah. She will love it and getting mail will make her smile. It is so nice to have someone who cares enough to do this. you are such a special woman!

As for christmas .. lol ... I LOVE IT!!! I will change your scrooge frown to a cheery holiday happy smile:) ... I will make it my mission! Our finances have been rough .. well .. always. We decided to not purchase for all the adults last year, but draw names instead. We drew real names and a gag gift. It was a lot of fun:) The kdis did not get very much .. but enough. We were always poor and I remember every christmas as amazing! ilove the time we share together cooking, the smells of christmas, the decorations and lights. the why the kids get so excited. I love christmas :) sigh ... :) Anyway .. now that i am wishing Christmas closer, I will shut my mouth :) Thank you again. you are such a wonderful friend!

Shemaine Smith said...

Love the Bella!!! Nice layout too! Love the colors :)