Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blissfully Distracted

Well? What can I say? Life is FULL of surprises and distractions!

This last week I was in a grumpy mood, so I decided not to make you all suffer with my ramblings. The one thing that I WILL grouch about (okay, well, maybe a few things) is the gas prices. Seriously? The media needs to get ahold of themselves and shut their mouths. If it were not for the media speculating about gas shortages, we would not be in the mess we are in.

Here in Tennessee we went from like a 1 year low on gas prices (3.54 and cheaper in some places) to 4 bucks and up in just a few hours? Tell me that is not price gouging. People panicked and by yesterday evening we were completely out of gas in Hendersonville. The media drives people to be rediculous, and they must be stopped. I am very disappointed in our government officials that they allow that type of thing to happen. Yes, we have freedom of press, but we do NOT have the right to mess with people's heads and LIE...

Okay, that aside...DH's car is on its last leg and I am SO worried about money. We have never been in this position before...We are still paying off my car from 2 years ago when my other car was on the fritz and not worth fixing....still have 1500 to go on that one....at this rate we are never going to get a home of our own...much less a scrapbooking room, LOL~It is very heavy on DHs heart...he works so hard and has nothing to show for it that is his and it makes me sad for him. We are doing everything "right" and actually have NO debt other than my car, which was a loan to build credit, but its SO tempting to just go into debt....but then, not really.

Okay, onto more FUN things! This morning I was the lucky recipiant of a call from Heather (Toothy) from Cafe Mom and she said she was on her way down to my neck of the woods and wanted to meet up. WOOHOO! She and Jack safely arrived and we had so much fun chatting. I wish that I had more room in this stinkin house. It would have been great to get to carding, but we did stamp a bit. She is a sweetie and Noah and Jack actually got along really well. YAY! DH was a big help with the boys and we got to chat all afernoon! (Hope your DH doesn't notice the scratches on his car, Toothy! LOL)

While Toothy was on her way down I worked on this gift card holder for Elizabeth (Noah's little buddy) who is going to turn 2 soon. Since they moved away a gift card was def the way to go. I was not going to use this image, but the fairy was too large and didn't look good. Its simple, but hey! She's TWO, right? LOL! The image is Penny Black and I received it in a swap awhile ago. The paper is American Craft.


Last Thursday I did a photoshoot with a sweet lil man named Ethan. His mom and I (Kelly) are friends, and Noah LOVES Ethan to death. We wanted to do a shoot with them together....yeeeahh...Noah didn't cooperate so much...so here is my fave Ethan shot:

AND...the best of Noah???

Alright, and since I asked SO many stinking questions about the post it holders, here are the two that I did the other day. I am awaiting some images to do some others, but I really like the sunflower one, but not so much the hedgehog. It was not the right image for the colors and paper, but Terrfically Tacky lives up to its name, sooooo...yeah, LOL. Thanks for the advice and tips!

4 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

ooo
o lots of things!!!
I am thinking about gas prices too ~ and how the economy is so bad right now, it is hard for everyone to make ends meet rightnow. I will be thinking about you all and say a prayer. I know Tommy thinks the same thing ... all the time spent and all he does with nothing to show for it. We are in debt. Hannah has so many new food problems we are trying to change foods. One small bag of rice flour was $5!! We spent around $200non foods, meds, lotions, cotton gloves and such for her the other day. Tommy had to split it up between the debit and credit cards. not to mention the 100 on gas yesterday! it is so frustrating some times:( but God has always seen me through and I am thankful for that. I will be praying for you all!!

Glad you and Heather had a great time!!! I wish I could have come over to play :( lol!! That would have been so fun!

The pic of Naoh is just beyone precious! He is so so sweet!!!

I love ya mama!!! Hope tomorrow is beautiful for you and you have a great day!!!

Julia said...

I understand the frustration with gas and just money in general. We are hoping to have a house of our own soon too. :)

So glad you and Heather had a great time! That is so wonderful that you two could get together and glad the boys had fun too. :)

The card and notecard things are so darn cute. I'm still curious to know what the acryllic frame is. I saw it in the directions, but I don't think I know what it is???

Elli said...

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't mind a bit of grouching now and then! I just love hearing what's going on in your world - even if it's not all fun.

I am so glad you got to meet up with a CM friend! I'm still waiting for my chance to do that. :-(

Have a lovely week, my beautiful friend!

Shemaine Smith said...

Noah looks sooo handsome! Cass, everyone is feeling the pinch in our wallets. I have stuff to mail that i can't afford to right now. DH and I do the how much money do we have left in our checking account game daily now. we have never been here before either and it is scarey. We are down to one car since we can't afford to get the brakes done on my 2007 Camry. I bought that car before Mat and I got married and I regret it daily due to the payment. I have taken a babysitting job to help with finances and it's going to be a few weeks before we get back on track but we are on our way. And..Dh has a new job. So tons happening right now over here in CA and then there was the Metrolink crash...so many people died, it was utterly heartwrenching watching the news cover it. I must admit it snapped me out of my poor me funk and into, God I am so thankful that you are keeping those I love safe and healthy. So...here's to love, health, friendship and scrappin!