Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just feelin crafty.

"Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas" (she says in mid September?)

My first crafty moment of the week came out of frustration for being OVER being sick. This has been a terrible cold. Noah has a cold AND walking pneumonia and seems to be hovering about the same still, but is loaded with energy. Mommy, on the other hand...is feeling the same as well as sleep deprived and weak and puny....hmmm....bad combo.

Anyway, Heather over on Cute Critters on Cafe Mom had a "TOP SECRET" challenge and sent the participants paper and images and embellishments, but no one knew what anyone else got. It was so fun! So, I finally broke down and said, "I AM going to make this card, puny or not!" Here was my outcome. It is a shaker card. I used transparency because I do not have acetate. The beads are clear/white and yellow stars to match the bear's stars. Thanks for the challenge Heather!

These next things are Christmas Gifts for my Aunt. She has been a nurse all of her adult life, so I hope she likes Nurse Nellie To The Rescue. (A Bella stamp, image compliments of JSPARA...I think). I made the notecard holder from a tutorial from Score It...Here is the link. The notecards I made as flat as I could to fit four, but really, it holds 2 comfortably. I think that the paper is American Craft. I could be mistaken. The multi colored paper was from Toothy, my last Secret Sis.

I also made this matching notebook for her.

And there you have it! Just a few things! I hope to do more today or this evening, but time will tell!

3 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I love the notecard set!!!

Nicole said...

That note card set is sooo cute!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

i love it all!!! you are so talented!!