Sunday, August 22, 2010

No, its not paper

I am officially branching out. I am always so inspired by the sewing projects I see my friends doing, and last night I was inspired to finally give it a whirl. I came across this post on Hey Jenn Renee's blog. I have SO MANY clothes that I was going to give to Goodwill, and, well, sorry Goodwill, but you will have to go and find other clothes, because I am in full inspiration mode!

Let me stop here and tell you that I have ZERO sewing skillz. I mean, I can do a basting stitch, or sew on a button, but that's where it ends. This is "sew" (oh, yes I did) easy that an older child could do it.

Here is the flower that I made last night. I have many more plans for flowers, in fact, I made another tiny blue one and have 7 more cut out to make. I see gifts, jewlery and hair pieces for a long time to come!



I hope that you were inspired and be sure to check out Hey Jenn Renee, as well as Lushlee.com! Another AWSOME inspirational blog!

Stay crafty!

3 comments:

Simply Jessabells said...

Cassie, I love it!! I have been swaying away from papercrafts for a while now because I kind of have interest in a lot of other crafty things too. I still love stamping and papercrafting but every once in a while I need to do something else. I'm a multi-crafter! lol.

Jessica

Sanwanya said...

Does'nt always have to be about paper crafting,girl I must say you are so talented,i love whatever you do!! Great Job on the flower,I must try this soon!!

Anonymous said...

OMG that is so super cute and YOU are so super cute wearing it! You are one talented girl! I am inspired to try my hand now!