Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dancin the day away

So today I got up inspired to craft....but...I guess that's normal. Anyway, I decided to combine 2 challenges that I was going to do anyway: Cupcake Craft Challenges, and Mercy's Tuesday Morning Sketch. Both were very inspiring and they lent to each other, so, why not?

Cupcake Craft Challenges was a recipe this week, using the number 2 to celebrate their 2 year blog-a-versery. Use at least 2 patterened papers, use at least 2 ribbons and at least 2 flowers. I think I knocked that one out of the park!

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch was very inspiring as well.
I used Dancin Mae from Some Odd Girl for this card. The papers and card just fell together. That's the sign of a great project. When you don't have to over think things. The papers that I used were all scraps, so I am not sure of the brand. I used mostly Bic markers to color Mae. The flowers are prima. I used my stardust gel pen to add some extra somethin somthin to a few elements on Mae.
I hope you enjoy this card! I had a blast making it!

Stay crafty!

6 comments:

yyam said...

Awww...so sweet! What a happy card! :)

Toothy said...

I LOVE this!. Love the pink stripe in her hair, very cute.

Anonymous said...

lovely colours...makes you smile straight away

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, I love the funky colours. Thanks for joining in with our CCC birthday celebrations.

Liza x

Robin said...

great colours!! Robin

Faye said...

This is a gorgeous card, I love the colours and cute image you've used, really pretty. Thanks so much for joining in with our birthday celebrations this week at Cupcake. xx