Saturday, June 19, 2010

Some Odd Shimmers

Good morning, er....afternoon...its been a long day already, and I needed a break, hince....my card.

This week Some Odd Girl had their release, and I am in LOVE with this image, so I sprung for it. I could easily go broke on digis, esp Some Odd Digis, but you know....all in moderation, right?

This week the challenge at Some Odd Girl was to make your card/project shimmer and sparkle and such. So, I used MerMae and some old paper I had from DCWV that shimmers, as well as some sparkly yellow also from DCWV. I colored MerMae with a combination of Bics and Copics. I LOVE how she turned out. Trust me, its better in person! To add some shimmer to Mae, I used my jelly roll stardust pen and went to town. Not sure how much you can see, but I did her hair, her shell, her fin, her eyelashes...yeah. Went a lil shimmer nuts. HAHA. Be sure to click on the pic for the full size so you can see the shimmer. :D

Hope to be back again this weekend! Trying to get some scrap pages done. A lil daunting, but worth it! Stay crafty.

8 comments:

Sanwanya said...

Very cute card,can't wait to start buying off my wishlist!!
Can't wait to see your scrappages,you do such a great job with them!

Toothy said...

Love the shimmer, so cute. When I come to your house I can't decide if I want to scrap or card, I think I am leaning more toward carding this time, so then the next time I could scrap the water park vacation.

Kim Sonksen said...

You can totally see the shimmer and I ADORE what you did with Mae.
LOVE your entry!
Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl

Marcie Sharp said...

Wow! Such a shimmery, glittery, gorgeous card! I love it!!! Thanks for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!!

Jaspere said...

It's my favorite image too. I just love her and know I'll use her over and over again. You rocked the Some Odd Girl challenge this week....love it

Jennifer said...

I love you Mermae. Thanks for playing at Some odd Girl.

Leah l'Orange said...

beautiful, Cassandra! the gel pens worked perfectly and Mae looks fantastic!

so glad you're loving all the images - you rock 'em! :) thanks for playing with the Odd Girls!

Alica said...

love your MerMae - wonderful coloring and great papers too!