One of the "games" was to make a birthday card using this sketch:
Honestly, this was a VERY hard sketch for me. Something about it...not sure what...visually it was just not working for me, but I did manage between potty breaks with the toddler, and breaking up fights with the 2 toddlers....to make this colorful card!

I used an image and sent from Heather that she sent me right after we met over a year ago! I thought it was fitting. Kinda made the challenge come full circle. I colored it with my BICs. The paper was a RAK from...Yikes, I can't even remember. That is so sad. The ribbon is American Craft. The brads are from ColorBok. I also used Stickles to add that birthday flair!
Last night, Noah went to bed extremely early. He has been getting up EARLY in the AM (5:30...) and then wanting an early nap (WAY before 10) and then running super hard the rest of the day. SO. Needless to say, but 6:30 he is crashed!
DH came home and needed to take a placement test for a computer degree he is going for so I had 2 hours to spare. What to do, what to do....DUH! Make cards!
My goal recently has been to use my stored up HUGE box of RAK images, swap images and RAK papers....a BIG undertaking but someone has to do it, right? HA! So I made this first card with an image I received from Heather (have you checked out her AMAZING blog lately???). Its "Fancy Pants" from House-Mouse/Happy Hopper. I never really liked it before last night!
I used paper from The Paper Studio, and used wide satin ribbon from Halmark. I used Glossy Accents on her pearls and on her shoes as well as stickles on her purse. I know I would LOVE a blinged out purse! And of course, to color I used my watercolor pencils.

This next card was made also with all RAKd items. I am in love with this foxy lil guy! I got him from Shannon. If I ever figure out where he came from I am going to snatch him up! That is FOR sure! The eyelets are from Making Memories. I used my watercolor pencils on Foxy.
Today is a rainy, chilly day here in TN so I am hoping to get caught up on some laundry and things...and maybe this evening I can get my Mojo Monday under control...maybe a House Mouse challenge? Have a great day, ladies!





4 comments:
I LOVE them all. Especially the fashionista bunny. Reminds me so much of my little princess! LOVES it!!
I'm with Callie, I love the bunny! So much detail and oh so cute! Love how you did the ribbon with the slide! I have some of those and never knew how to use them!
Also love foxy - he's soooo cute!
And your birthday card would make anyone smile!
I love them all too but I really love the happy hopper and the foxy cards
great colours !!!!!!!
cute cards
Post a Comment