Friday, June 13, 2008

So Proud!!!

Well, this evening I got one of the sweetest gifts ever from my darling, almost 18 month old son. He "read" me an entire book. Complete with sound effects...
Noah: Jibber Jabber, Bluk Jabber.... Translation"Courduroy likes to go to the doctor. The waiting room has toys and books"

Jibber Jaberish, Gluk Blu Jab..... Translation, " Courduroy, its your turn! Courduroy gets undressed."

(Still Noah) ::Pats Tummy::....Translation, "He's grown a lot this year and gained a lot of pounds. Too many cookies Courduroy!"

(STILL Noah) ::AHHHH:: Translation, "The doctor looks at his throat. Say, AH, Courduroy! (he's getting better at the reading. Can't you tell???)

(Noah) ::Points at both ears and eyes:: Translation: "He looks in his ears and his eyes".

(Noah) ::Taps Chest and takes a deep breath:: Translation: He listens to his heart. Take a deep breath, Courduroy!

(Noah) LOTS of jabbering and exaggerated pointing and expression. Translation: "Do I get a shot?" asks Courduroy. Yes, says the doctor. We don't want you to get sick. Courduroy is very brave. He gets a balloon and a button. Good boy, Courduroy."

Well, I don't know about you all, but that is the best bed time story I have ever heard! I almost cried! He is the smartest, sweetest little boy in the entire world! Such a perfect end to a gloomy day.

Other good things in my day include actually getting the dishes done, the grocery shopping and some laundry, which...there really was not that much of for once! Hallelujia!

The other good thing is that I got to make a card this morning! It's about stinkin time, lol! I sure have missed creating!

I also got to make a challenge card for the House Mouse Club the other day! I am pretty pleased with it over all. I have really enjoyed trying new things in my card groups! It's so much fun!


Just a final thought and I will be done. I have realized recently just how blessed with friends I am. Here at home, but also on Cafe Mom. I have met several ladies that are just outstanding and I don't honestly know how I got through life without them before. They have pushed me to become a better person. I thank God for them every day.
So, there you have it. I am blessed!





1 comment:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

"How delightful is a timely word" Proverbs 15:23
"A friend loveth at all times " Proverbs 17:17 I love you girly. I love your creativity, your beauty (inside and out), your love as a mother and as a friend. God truely blessed me when he placed you in my path. This is such a beautiful post.. I love the way you describe how he read to you. It made me teary also. Cherish these moments .. they pass by far too quickly. I need to stop and cherish mine more . Love you.