Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Christmas and beyond.

Well, I officially started mass production of Christmas cards this week. I only have three...but eh, not bad, right? LOL! Good thing my list is not as long as some of you probably have. I am conserving money this year and just using images that people have sent me, so they will all be similar cards, but different. I received this "mice Star" image from someone in a swap awhile back. SO glad to finally use it. Perfect for a simple Christmas card.

The snowman image was also from a swap. Not sure who sent it or who makes the stamp. Still think hes a handsome snowman.

I bought my VERY FIRST Fluffles stamp this weekend and started on a notecard set. I need to make the other two. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to get notecards from me for Christmas. A mom on a budget, LOL!

This card is for a DEAR friend of mine who has been seriously ill for 3 solid weeks. She ended up in the hospital for gall bladder surgery. =0( So I am sending this to her to hopefully cheer her up. This image is "feelabella" and I received it from a sweetie over on Card Makin Mamas. Hegreene. THANK YOU! The prima flowers were a RAK from Razberrywhine. LOVE THEM!

Well? Not bad for it only being Wednesday. Noah has been a blast this week. He is learning more every day. Things seem to have leveled out here at home for the time being, other than Noahs potty training and toddler attitude, which, are just a normal part of parenting, so we are surviving it.
The weather has been warm on record levels here in TN, so we have been playing outside a lot. Its about to get chilly again. Just in time for the pumpkin farm this Sunday. I can't wait!

I also received a bit of good news on Sunday. A friend of mine from Highschool has been in the marines since he graduated, and he is getting out in 9 or 10 days and moving back here. I am SO glad that he is safe. While we aren't that close anymore, he was never far from my mind as he was in Iraq 3 or 4 tours. God Bless America and all of our young men and women who put aside the pettiness of life and defend our country with their lives.

2 comments:

HeatherH said...

That is such good news about your friend - it must be a real relief! Noah is so darn cute on top of that thing - hippo?? Anyway - your holiday cards are inspiring for me! I'm still trying to finish stuff for Turkey day :-) Hugs!!

Elli said...

I missed this in my haze of misery! Your cards are wonderful! And that "feelabella" is too cute - especially on my mantel! Thank you so much for that, and for your prayers and friendship. You are precious to me!