Friday, May 30, 2008

Yardsales, picnic tables and swimming! Oh, MY!

Phew! What a day! SOOO busy today! I was up at 5:45 to get ready to go yardsaleing. Not my choice to be up that early, just couldn't sleep. Oh, well. I am sure it was better than oversleeping.

Noah, of course, was already up when I got done with my shower. I swear, I have never met a child who felt the need to be up SOO early.

At 7, Brandy and Elizabeth were here are rearing to go. Man, today was the DAY to be yardsaling, that's for sure! Woo HOO! Brandy had a list, but there were sooo many. It was so much fun! The kiddos even thought so. They loved pilfering through all of the other toys and trinkets that people get rid of. One man's trash, another toddler's treasure, he, he, he!
At almost every place we went there were quite a few neat deals! A 40 dollar stoller for 3 bucks....(its' NOT for girls...ahem...brandy) A horse on a stick that neighs and makes noise for 1 dollar....heck yeah! tons of deals, really. All in all I spent less than 23 bucks. Yeah!!!
The best ones, beside the stroller, were a Little Tykes basketball goal for....FREE! Yes, I said FREE! The part that lets it adjust is broken, but for free? Who cares? How long before Noah is going to be that tall anyway? (I know, Elli...next week, right?)

and a litte tykes picnic table for 5 bucks. Yeah. As we were pulling up to this yard sale in particular, I spotted the table right away and HAD to have it! Poor Brandy...her car was stuffed to the gills, and you could hardly see the whites of the kiddos eyes around everything, but I was determined. I told her it was GOING to fit...Thank HEAVEN it folds down flat. It fit between Noahs feet and the back of the drivers seat quite nicely.

After a short nap for the kiddos and some eats, it was off to the pool....Noah was NOT impressed. The other munchkins were all about some swimming...Noah? Uh, uh! I don't think so! Which is strange considering how much he LOVES the bath, and LOVED the pool last year. By the end he had started to warm up, though. I guess once he saw how much fun everyone else was having, that's all he needed.
It was a great, tiring day! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

AWESOME DEALS!!! I Love me some yard sales myself!!;)