Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Feverin and Craftin

Woot! I can feel spring. Its just out of reach.....So close! Bought 4 tanks and some shorts and capris the other week! Wait, FIVE tanks! Yeah...I am ready. Lets go! Need some green!! Need some warmth!

How about some cards for warmth? I wish I could share them all, but alas, I can't. They are for some DT projects, BUT, I can share these with you.

This first card is for Cupcake Craft Challenges. Their theme this week is Cake N Icecream. I thought this image from Papermom was perfect for this challenge! It wasn't as daring as I was hoping it would be, but it turned out kinda sweet. Sweet is good....since its a cake and all.
This second card was made for the Paper Players. I have been really wanting to get into their blog challenges, so here is my first submission. I really liked their sketch this time around and I had these papers staring at me begging to be made into something. I decided to step outside the box and NOT use a stamped image. Instead, I used this bling flourish from Recollections. I also sewed some fun zig zags and such around the edges. 
Hope you all really enjoy these. Don't forget to pop over to Card Makin Mamas and participate in our Birthday challenge! And make it "snappy!" You could win 4 images from Meljin!!
Stay Crafty!!!




11 comments:

Toothy said...

Love your cards, that is great on the clothes. I can't by clothes until the weather is here cause the size keeps changing, it's starting to slow way down though. I miss you, we plan on going to see Robots at the museum in March, maybe we can get together then.

Ann Schach said...

All of your cards are lovely! I really love the bling and the colors on the Paper Players card. Thanks for joining us in our challenge this week!

Zarah said...

Gorgeous stuff! I especially HEAAAART the first card!! ♥

Robin said...

Fab cards!! Love the colours you went with for the cake image!! Robin

Kerin said...

Wow you've been a busy girl! Love the striking colors & bling on the Paper Players card!! So glad you were able to join us this week :)

Sanwanya said...

I love the cards girl! And the cake and the colors fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I love the color combo of the card for The Paper Players. Great "out of the box" image too! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

I'm with you on spring... I am so ready for a little green and a little warmth, too!
Fabulous cards you created this week! I love the color scheme and the blingy you choose for the Paper Players card! So glad you decided to play along with us this week
jaydee

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cassandra, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Shelly said...

Super yummy creation Cassandra! Great colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week! Shelly :)

Unknown said...

Love your cards, they are all so lovely and the first one is so yummily nice, love the colours. xx