Friday, January 9, 2009

And she's back...from outer space....

Whatever, lol! Silly mood today! Got some things done!

A few weeks ago a friend of ours told me about the Bill Nye the Science Guy Paper Factory and thought I might be able to use it for my cards to make my own neat paper. I didn't remember until last week to look for it and am glad I waited. They were 7 dollars at Walmart. My first attempt yesterday was kinda...Um, not-so-nice, so I tried again today. I like the outcome. It is not dry in this picture, but not bad for my second attempt.

After I got red dye from one end of my kitchen to the other, (not to mention my hands), I decided to finally tackle the CCCWC! I am so glad I did. I HATE making Valentines cards. Not because I don't like the holiday, but because I have a hard time with all of that PINK and RED, and HEARTs....it can get cluttered! So I did some Splitcoast surfing and found a great layout and the ideas just FLOWED! Here is the finished product. The paper is from Makin Memories, some of my fave! The cuttlebugged paper is from good ole, sweetie Heathermom, also from Cafemom. The image is Be Mine, Heart and Sole from House Mouse. Love that cute monica! I got the bling from a sweet friend, Toothy (Heather) from Cafe Mom. It was the PERFECT touch, I think! Anyway, hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love your heart! It is so pretty!!! I would love to have seen you slingin dye around and stuff though :o) Sounds like messy fun :o).

I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE your HM card!! It is too too toooooooo cute! I too think Vday cards can be cluttered or the colors are a mess if not done right. I have never really made Vday cards yet. It was this time last year that I just started making cards. SOOO I will have to put on my thinking cap.

Oh, and Welcome back to the planet :)

Elli said...

Very cute!! I just love seeing the things you're working on!

Stacy said...

Adorable card, I love all the bling!!