Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just a couple

I made some cards yesterday. So fun! When I cut back my crafting it was painful to my heart, but it was, as I had suspected, for the best. I have had so much more ability to focus on my family and the home and its been wonderful. I do wish sometimes that would make the time, but as much as I love it and miss it, it truly has been worth the time off. I am in no way "back" in full force, but you will see me around every now and then. I could never completely give up paper. No way, no how!

So yesterday I cranked out 2 cards for challenges. This first card was for Card Makin Mamas. This time around they have a recipe challenge. 3 different kinds of embellishments (brads, stickers, ribbon), 2 patterned papers (for me, plaid and polka dots) and 1 image (Some Odd Girl, Dancin Mae). I have a great love for Some Odd girl AND Card Makin Mamas, so this card worked out awesomely!
The next card that I made was for Cupcake Craft Challenges. Love their challenges. Never a dull one to be sure! Their theme is "In the garden" and I thought Hello Ian, and these garden papers from The Paper Studio. LOVE! Throw on a couple of prima flowers and some trim, and this card was garden-y sweet! I added the cardboard because it reminded me of a little garden fence.
Hope you all enjoy! Stay crafty!

11 comments:

Shemaine Smith said...

Those images are so darling!!

Toothy said...

Love them both. I totally feel ya on the paper crafting, I have made more time to spend working out and hanging out with Jack. So, that doesn't leave a lot of time for crafting. I wanna get together sometime, just don't know when.

Sara I. said...

Fabby little hat you made for him and love those yummy papers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck!
~hugs
Sara, Guest Cupcake

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

omg omg omg i'm in LOVE!!!!

Sanwanya said...

Both cards are great I love them.I havent even made a card in so long i may have forgotten how..lol Im going to check out some blogs today and see what challenges strike my mojo! So happy to see your cards and blogging again:)

Jenny said...

I am digging the pink in the hair!

Faye said...

These are cool projects, really fun. I love your take on our In The Garden theme. Thanks for playing along at Cupcake this week. x

Poppit said...

Gorgeous card. Love the ribbon tabs. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. x

stempelfeest said...

Such a sweeties!
Thank you for joining in the fun at the Card Makin Mamas!
Hugs,
Mariska

Paper Issues said...

Your cards are adorable. I also have a great love for Some Odd Girl...and puffy Thickers. Thanks for visiting my blog!!! Glad you found me!! =)

Angie Delarie said...

Very cute!