Saturday, November 15, 2008

What to do when its a weatherful day??

Why, make cards, build a fire and a cushion fort, of course! Its hard on all of us to be cooped up inside for all of these days with the frigid wind and the driving rain. Coming up with fresh ideas is the way to go, but its not always easy.

Whilst Noah slept, I took advantage of the time and made a card for the second November sketch challenge over on the Cute Critters Club. The image was from a swap I did months ago. Its a Penny Black image, though, I do not know the name. I used Stickles on the bubbles (okay, Lisa...YES, I am addicted too!). (Please excuse the upload. Not sure what is up with that?)
This Changito Thank U card is uber simple and made entirely out of K and Company double sided recycled paper. (go green!) The brads are also K and Company. The glitter glue is G Studios.

After Noah napped this morning, we decided to change his bed to a toddler bed....GULP...I am not convinced this is going to work, but we will never know if we don't try...I see some napless days in our future....but nevertheless, Noah is thrilled and I am sure he can't wait to sneak out of bed. DH figures we will find him curled up by his toys exhausted trying to sleep, lol! We shall see.

Daddy built a fire for us to get warm. He then built a fort out of the couch cusions for Noah. It cured the grumpies for awhile. Gave me time to organize some pics and type this out, anyway!

I made these two cards for another cute critter challenge the other day. The person who posts the most Christmas Cards wins. I am lagging behind, but hoping to catch up this weekend. I made the icecicles from a Dawn tutorial that I adapted for the items that I had available. I had no wax paper, but good ole Heather suggested an old cereal bag. I used Glossy Accents and glitter, let it dry and viola. Icecicles. I beleive that both images are from Stampin Up. They were also from a swap, so I am not sure of names. =0)

7 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Aha! I knew you would get addicted!!! :) Your cards are very pretty as usual! And cushion forts are very fun! It's cold and damp here...brrr!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Do you even know how happy it makes me that you are enjoying mu group ?? I love these cards! I also love your icicles!!! They are too cute! I so want to try that soon! Noah ~ I say it every time~ Love you baby boy!!! He has the brightest eyes and sweetest smile :o) Hope you have a great day tomorrow as well :) Mwah!

Sanwanya said...

Like always loves your cards.Toddler bed time humm how is he doing in it?and forts sounds like tons of fun.Noah has always is adorable!!!Have a great week!!

Elli said...

Once again, I missed this the other day. I'm sorry! Your cards are so wonderful!!

Cushion forts!! Whoohoo! Your little man is growing up so fast! But he's precious. Thank you for sharing him with me!

Shemaine Smith said...

Adorable card! Check out my blog for a super award I gave you!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Hey Cass...in regards to the stepper box...The box measures (when closed) 5 1/4" x 2 3/8". The boxes inside are the perfect size for mini candies, images, Primas, or anything else that you can fill them with! i'm going to use it as a RAK and fill the boxes with baggies of buttons, brads, flowers, ect...

Julia said...

Check out my blog, I left you an award!