Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ah, sweet crafty release!

It feels so good to kind of be back on a routine and to finally be catching up!! Today and yesterday I have been able to craft and it feels wonderful!

The first card that I made was actually for a combination of a few challenges, something I try not ever to do, but it just worked out this time. Stamptacular Sunday has a fantastic photo challenge going on. Its a beautiful, elegant cream and gold hued wedding gown. Cupcake Craft Challenges has a "white is white" challenge and Cute Card Thursday has an "Out With The Old" challenge. This card is for all 3. 

I know. That's a lot riding on one simple card, right? But I have this OLD stampin up stamp from Simply Sweet with all these fancy dresses, this old flower from K and Company from years ago, and who knows how long I have had the DP from K and Company!!

And, obviously, there is a LOT of white and metalic going on here with a white flower and of course the classy dresses. Perfect for the first two challenges mentioned. 
This next card is for Cupcake Inspirations. They have this fun photo of the most adorable valentine cupcakes with black, white and red and pink accents. So fun and cheerful! I hope this card did them justice. I used red stickles for the hearts and the shoes and such. What girl doesn't want a pair of shoes like Dorothy's? Right? I also used some old bling that I had lying around for the jewels.
This last card is for Get Sketchy. They had an intriguing sketch and I have been really wanting to make a card with my Stampin Up! butterfly set for awhile with this beautiful paper I found at Hobby Lobby from the Paper Studio. I stamped and embossed the butterfly on vellum and used some distressing techniques to really shabby the card up. And, of course, rhinestones. I am pleased with the outcome. 
 Hope you all are having a beautiful weekend! We were pleasantly surprised to wake up to a dusting of snow this morning. The perfect day to snuggle. ::sigh:: Stay crafty!

8 comments:

Sanwanya said...

Oh goodness my friend wow love love love the cards the butterfly card ♥it!!So appy to see your blog active again!!I must craft I must craft!!

Thanks for sharing and send some snow my way I am not a huge fan of snow but I do want at least one snow fall a year!!Love ya

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such an adorable card ! Love the embossing and the delightful image ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Rachel Hope said...

So cute!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Graphicat said...

Oh I love that gorgeous dress card! Wonderful image and design too!
So glad you could join us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

PapierGirl said...

I love your card - the cardboard is a great touch and the butterfly stamp is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful cards! The row of dresses is just fabulous! Beautifully inspired creation! Thanks so much for playing Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Toothy said...

Love all your cards of course, I don't do good with light/pale colors but your first card and third card are so soft and pretty, with the pale colors. Great minds think alike,I was opening up a toy for Jack and the box fell apart so I kept a piece of crimped cardboard to use on a card,it looks like that is what you did on the third card, love the way it looks.

yyam said...

What a lovely trio of cards! Love the layers and textures! :)